Sunday, March 16, 2008

LONG WEEKEND

Oh that flat butt I earned!!! 11 1/2 hours on the road to do some training- I guess I am just a junkie when it comes to anything martial. No, actually it was becaause I had a rare opportunity to go and visit, train, and have a few laughs with a friend- Bobbe Edmonds.
The weekend was spent mainly on the road, but a full day of training with the KSMA crew and Bobbe in Des Moines Iowa. Between the training, the laughing, and the total lack of egos a good time was had by all. I hope to see Bobbe again at the spring gathering where I can pick his brain again.

The road trip was made possible by my faithful sidekick and girl friend Deb, she kept me awake and did her best to keep me smiling those many hours on the road.

" I can't believe Buzz brought a chick!" Quote Bobbe the beer zombie

4 Comments:

Blogger Chuck said...

It was great to see you again and meet Deb. Jeanne and I are looking forward to heading up north in the not too distant future to visit. (Ian wants us to drag him along too...) :-)

Chuck

5:33 AM  
Blogger Buzz Smith said...

Coffee will be on and the bed will be made. Just don't expect curry and rice , I am more of a meat and potatoes type of guy- he he. By the way- the tofu curry was good. Hope your trip was as easy as ours was- was beat by the time we got home just to drive another 2 1/2 hours to pick up some car seats. Yup Sunday was a very looooong day.
Buzz

7:13 AM  
Blogger Jay said...

Buzz-
Thanks for making the trek, man! Next time I will be more careful what I eat the whole week prior!
Looking forward to the gathering as I am sure your "perma-grin" will be waning and in need of recharging!
Jay

8:01 AM  
Blogger Guro Buzz said...

Jay, do you ever post on your blog?????

3:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home