Thursday, October 25, 2007

SECOND VIDEO SHOOT

The second video shoot went quite well with Guro Paul Vittorelli taking the abuse. We went over a lot of material covering the foundations of Kuntaw.We also did a bunch of teaser stuff to include on all of the videos. The major revelation was what Paul brought out in his interview. I knew that he was pulled into the art by the realistic applications, but I didn't know how much of an impact the art has made on him or others in the group. There were some moving moments as he described the effect it has had on him. I was very moved.

I have no children of my own and I think of my students as my kids. I am elated when they obtain their goals and I relish in their accomplishments. Nothing makes me feel better than to have someone say they understand or if the light bulb clicks on over their head and their eyes light up.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jay said...

Looking forward to the vids, Buzz.
I know that feeling you describe well. It is certainly a rush to help someone to understand something and see the light in their eyes when it happens!
Jay

10:18 AM  
Blogger Jay said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

10:18 AM  
Blogger Bobbe Edmonds said...

Wow, who's posting so much crap you have to remove?

Buzz, I'm looking forward to your videos. And also to the day I can again learn from you.

10:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home