Friday, October 12, 2007

New Adventure

I was contacted by Prometheus Motion Pictures and they want to do a video series on the art of Kuntaw. We sat down and talked and came up with several scenarios
and finally settled on a chain of events. Tomorrow is the first day of
shooting and I am a bit nervous as to how it will go. I have some good
students and i am sure they will make me look good. I just wonder how
well these videos will be received. The series will cover from history to forms and fighting.

1. Intro-History and background of Maharlika Kuntaw
2. The basics- terms, theories, foundations
3. Weapons- Hands/feet/ other
4. Training Methods
5. Weapons Vol 1 - Stick / Knife
6. Weapons Vol 2 - Staff/ Pamakol
7. Forms
8. Takedowns
9. Self Defense Techniques
10. Ground Fighting

I know these guys know their stuff, but, I am not sure how to go about getting everything on vids. I guess there is just no way to do that, maybe just hit the high spots and allude to the fact that there is more.

I'm so confused!!!!! He he

I have some good resources to pull from. The latest being Dr. Christopher Niem Henley. This person has been giving me a lot of good advice and has turned me on to a lot of possibilities as well as contacts throughout the United States. Hopefully , this won't be a shot in the dark sort of thing,and can lead to a marketing of supplies and other things.


If anyone would like to give a reference for me I will have them added to the videos ie " Buzz is one of the nicest guys and a treacherous old man" Mark Parker - Modern Arnis, Flint Michigan

Think about it- free advertising! he he

If you have any ideas or would think of anything I am missing- PLEASE- speak up!
Buzz

3 Comments:

Blogger Jerry Conners said...

Buzz Smith is the ultimate martial artist. After 25 years of being associated with several styles of martial arts/self defense, I learned the most from Buzz. He is truly a legend in the world of martial arts and I praise him for all of his efforts. Kudos Guru!!!!!

Jerry Conners
2nd degree

7:32 PM  
Blogger james said...

Congrats! I am always amazed by the amount of talent that comes out of our small community.

7:00 AM  
Blogger Buddha said...

"Treacherize your training with Buzz" (The Gathering of the Tribes). After years with warriors civilian & military I can say that Buzz is truly world-class (as a teacher, fighter, and human being). Foot Soldier and Maha Guru as well as friend. Buddha Weatherby

2:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home