Thursday, January 03, 2008

AND THEY COME BACK




Several years ago I hosted 2 foreign exchange students. I had made plans and was pretty ready for their arrival- then

"BOOM" I broke 2 ribs.

This after falling off a roof and having a neck injury accelerate into 3 mini strokes. Needless to say, when they arrived I was not in the best of conditions and had been off work for a while with no income. Still, I took them in and I was thoroughly pleased as they were some nice kids. Nikki was from Bulgaria and Yun was from South Korea. Both had an interest in learning martial arts and both put their time in while they were here. Many memories were made and a lot of laughs ensued.

Well, I have had several emails from the boys and not much else them POOF!!!! Nikki arrived during the summer at a time when my muscle problem had re flared. He came and stayed for a week. He was a lot of help. He and my room mate helped put an extension on my lower deck and helped me finish up the landscaping of my back yard. Without their help it would not have gotten done.

They sent holiday wishes and let me know that they too valued their time spent here.
Kinda makes you feel good in that spot near your heart that makes you tingle a bit.

Would I sponsor anymore kids- whole heartedly !!!Yes! But this time I will have had a large bank account there to draw from. I am sure that they indeed had a good time. But, I would have loved to do more with them.

I loved being Mr. Miyagi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home