Sunday, November 04, 2007

IDEALS

Take a look at this and see if you feel the same way.

Perception http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23BdBpiQdlk

I have gotten into many arguements with bosses thru the years when they tried to have me sell things to people that didn't need them or to make service calls run longer.
I have a simple theory or priniple that I have used for years and it has brought me the most customers that ask for me to do their work. When I do a job I work for me, my customer, and my boss. All 3 have to be happy or I have not done my job. I have to be happy that I did a good job, . The customer has to feel that they got what they paid for. and my boss has to have made money on my call. Now, I will never sell what I don't feel good about, I could care less the profit margin that my boss makes. If I feel a customer would gain from an add on- I sell him what "I" would use.

If you don't satisfy a customer, they won't call you back and they will tell many how unhappy they were with you.
If you satisfy a customer- he might call you back or not.
If you make a customer happy or more than satisfied by going a little farther ( calling him by name, knowing his dog's name, changing a light bulb he can't reach- but you can) you are assured they will remember you and they will say nice things about you.

So, that is my goal- give the customer more than they asked for/ more than what they paid for, they will have you back.


That is how my classes have been held- I give out more than the students can possibly remember and don't expect them to remember 10%. Those that can pick up the info- are happy, those that didn't get it all know what is there and they soon learn how to absorb it or it will come around again and again differently each time. I try not to bore my students but expose them to the same material in a differnt angle each time. It is a win win.


My 2 pesos
BTW Antonio Graceffo ( the video)has been learning Kuntaw in the Philippines

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Bobbe Edmonds said...

Yes! We see you!

4:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home