Friday, July 02, 2010

SCOURGE or how I spent my summer vacation


I have mentioned many times that time is lost if you don't use it. WEll, this pring I was invited to participate in a POC film as a leading character. Some of you have called me a character so I decided to take them up on it. The Michigan film industry has been given a shot in the arm by grants and tax breaks, This POC is means of using those breaks and give people a try at being actors.

The film is set 175 years into mans future after an apocalypse. Power is not here, food is scarce, metal is valuable, and man has resorted back to forming small bands or tribes ( I am good at tribes). My character is one of that of an ex military special ops guy who is recruited to help the water farmers. I have not been filled in to his exact history, but, was told to dispatch people quickly with things readily at hand in the environment I was in. (A Mac Gyver fighter)

The first step was to make me look a bit ,ahem, rough. I can do rough.Then I needed a couple of hot sweaty chicks

Next come the bad guys
Then some sharp pointy things to play with
Then find a nasty, dirty, smelly godforsaken place to film it- Like Detroit/Hamtramack abandoned old factories. Throw all these elements together- and you have SCOURGE
Now, schedule the filming to take place when family are supposed to arrive to celebrate my 60th birthday. Spend 4 days getting sweaty, dirty, beat, and bored. Shoot from 3 pm to 6 am, have no idea what they are looking for other thatn-"do what you do". Throw in a bunch of crazies who are a riot to be around. A director who has this twisted view of things and a producer who has the vision but too many things to control and that is how I spent my summer vacation.


a small teaser of the beginning chase scenes



Now, if you want memories, get involved with a shoot like this with 50 other like minded crazies and you WILL have memories to tell your childern and grand kids

2 Comments:

Blogger chuck said...

looks like you had a grand time...lol. Wish I could'a been there! :-)

9:26 AM  
Anonymous Max said...

"couple of hot sweaty chicks"
That's a thing to envy plus the pointy things to play with.

4:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home