Friday, February 12, 2010

News Flash, Tinkerbell steals Pan's shadow, Pan clips Tink's wings

It has been 40 years in the making, Deb and I were married Monday February 8th in front of close friends and family.


In all our travels and adventures you have sat next to me always saying “I’m with you”. I hope that you know that I too am with you. I wish I could give you all of life’s bounty and share with you many sunsets and starry nights. We have cried together, smiled together, and laughed together, unlike what I have ever had with anyone else. I know that this does not rhyme or follow prose, but it is from the heart. Just being with you has made my life so much more full and happy. I want to do things with you, take you places and share moments that will never come again. I mentioned forgotten days to you once and I tried to explain. But I think that we both have had way too many forgotten days .
Let’s make memories, let’s go places, do things, make things, and not have forgotten days.

For you be Tink and I Peter Pan



I left for Viet Nam and left the Midget Chick behind- she dis ta peered


So many years ago I found a pixie, whose smile melted my heart
But the untimeliness of war caused our paths to part

Try as I may to find you and regain that which I had lost,
I was too young to realize what this war had cost.

The smiling eyes the pixie grin the warmth that you once shared
The memories of you caused me to go searching if I dared

I lost you to life’s unstructured fate but now you have returned
We both have past lives we’ve lived but together we have learned

I set out to prove that I was able to stand on my two feet
Going toe to toe with unseen foes on any darkened street

You set out for a family and at that you have succeeded
But we both have come to realize that is not what we needed

The greatest wealth is held in our hearts and not held in our hands
The memories you have given me have made me a wealthy man

I promise you adventures of many kinds and offer you my hand
Together lets make memories and live in neverland



I do believe in KARMA and people get what they deserve. So if this is now my fate, I can deal with it. I have never felt like this with anyone in my life. I melt at her touch and my neck scrunches up to melt with her neck kiss. She has stolen my shadow and my heart.

3 Comments:

Blogger Deb Smith said...

So you say me,
The one that holds your heart in my hands
That you want to share the wealth that is Neverland
So I say to you,
That my hands will be gentle, caring and loving
I promise to love and cherish you with each passing day
And that each day will be new and exciting
So, Neverland was brought to be,
Within our minds and our hearts to see
The wealth we will share,
For it is smiles, tears, and laughter
This we will cherish forever after
And from that day to this,
Together it will be
Just Peter and Tink
And Adventures to see
I give you my hand, my heart, and my love,
From this day forward
With trust and some pixi dust we’ll follow our dreams

4:05 AM  
Blogger chuck said...

It was an awesome weekend! I am soooo happy for you both! Thanks for allowing us to be part of it!

- Chuck

5:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations Buzz and Deb!!!

Buzz, I'm really happy to see you happy... your way to cool of a guy, and your life has been way to filled with disappointment.

Congratulations on your new life together, and best of luck in the journey of marriage!

Best,
Andrew

8:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home